Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Forest and Mote

I'd wanted to put more material in by now, but I find myself on a jobhunt. I've spent many hours at this keyboard in the last couple of weeks putting in online applications. I would rather have been putting together some of the posts I've been thinking of. Oh well. Life is what happens to us while we're trying to arrange something else.

Well, I hope to write on Mel Gibson; he really messed up with his anti semitic remarks; but he has never pretended to be a saint, and I see him as needing to get his wild drinking and temper under better control, not as a dangerous anti semite. But I have to agree with Michael Medved; MM thinks the accusations of antisemitism against Gibson's "Passion of the Christ" are totally overblown and baseless. However, he does say, without defending their excessive hysteria, that one can be understanding of his fellow Jews who are so upset at the film. Presumably, now, toward Gibson's outrageous mouthing off too. Beam and mote; like MM I can criticize those who get their unmentionables in such a twist about Mel Gibson. MG does not really give them a good reason for it, but if you understand the history of antisemitism, it makes it easier to sympathize with those who overreact even when one does not agree.

More detail in the near future, I hope.

LogEyed Roman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home